Lifting of a dropped (ptosed) bottom can be combined with an increase or decrease in size and projection.
To refashion a bottom, reshaping of the lateral thighs with lifting and/or liposuction must be considered as a total procedure.
Procedure of Buttock Lift
Performed in hospital under a general anaesthetic: 3 ½ to 4 hour procedure. Two day stay in hospital, then mobilised, walking over next week, driving car/ work by two weeks. Liposuction performed to upper back rolls and to lateral thighs to produce a perfect and harmonious hip, thigh and buttock curves.
Complications of surgery
Serious complications with this surgery are very uncommon.
General Risks of Surgery
- Wound infection — not common; treatment with antibiotics may be needed, or even removal of the implant.
- Bruising and swelling — usually sub- sides in one or two weeks but some- times can take up to a month or more.
- Bleeding from the wound.
- Poor or slow healing of the skin and breast tissue, even possible wound breakdown.
- A chest infection may develop after a general anaesthetic.
- Heart and circulation problems — a blood clot (thrombosis), heart attack or stroke; a blood clot can move to the lung and cause a pulmonary embolism, which can be life threatening.
- Breathing difficulties — due to the general anaesthetic or the endotracheal tube, which can cause swelling. noisy breathing and discomfort.
- Abnormal scarring from the incision — if the scar is unattractive and too big, additional surgery may be needed to try to improve it, though no guarantees can be given.
- Keloid lumpy scar tissue which is pink, raised and irregularly shaped; it may be itchy and tender for many months but will usually fade and settle over the following 18 to 24 months.
Specific complications of a buttock lift
Tiredness / weakness remaining over weeks, caused by a general anaesthetic. Will settle. Vague aches/discomfort in buttocks, settles. Differences in symmetry between left and right buttocks – minimal , later corrected by liposuction if necessary. Assymetry of incision lines, in height, position and shape Small areas of varied breakdown, discharge, bleeding. Dressings, washing in shower, settles quickly. Surgical Scar: The scars are conspicuous, however, hidden by bikini. May become thickened and wide. However over 12 months will go white.